Most homeowners don’t think a lot about improving their home’s curb appeal unless they are attempting to sell it, but it can be a great way to make your home look neater and more inviting, and maybe even earn the coveted HOA Lawn of the Month title.
There are many simple improvements you can make with your landscaping that just require a little planning and time. Try these simple steps to make your home (and lawn) the talk of the town:
- Trim shrubs. A neat, uniform shape and size are easy to do and instantly improve the appearance of the landscaping.
- Add planters. A couple of well-placed pots or planters can add color and excitement.
- Don’t forget mulch. One of the easiest ways to make your landscaping look fresh is a fresh layer of mulch.
- If your grass (or weeds) are creeping onto the driveway or walkway, your lawn may look out of control. Creating clean lines around the perimeter of your lawn makes it look clean and inviting.
- Mowing Pattern. You don’t have to go full Wrigley field to make the grass look great. But do stick to straight lines in the same direction for a cleaner look.
Start with these simple steps to make your lawn the envy of the block!