When choosing a turfgrass variety, there are several staples in the southeast – Bermuda and fescue cover the lawns and other properties of so many locations. However, zoysiagrasses are an often overlooked variety that can provide beautiful aesthetics and high performance in both lawn and golf settings
Zoysia is a warm season grass that is native to Asia. It grows best in the warm months of spring, summer and early fall. The most commonly used species are zoysia japonica and zoysia matrella. Zoysia grows more slowly than other grasses and produces a thick, dense growth.
At BuySod, our zoysiagrasses are state certified and are an excellent selection for a hig-end appearance, whether for a home lawn or a golf course. We offer Zeon and Prizm, and each have distinct characteristics that will create beautiful spaces.
- Dark green color, fine texture
- Excellent shade tolerance
- Exceptional drought tolerance
- Early spring greenup, excellent fall color retention
- Resistant to insects and disease
- Ultrafine texture, superior density
- Low fertilization requirement
- Flexible mowing height (from 0.1 to 1.5 inches)
- Reduced mowing
Contact us today to learn more about these beautiful, versatile options!