From 3/8” golf tees and green surrounds to 5/8” fairways and athletic fields to 1-1/2” roughs and home lawns, TifSport bermudagrass is the all-around variety that provides both superior quality and versatility. Regardless of height of cut, TifSport performs equally well wherever performance matters.
Exceptionally wear tolerant, not only is TifSport tough enough to endure day-in, day-out cart traffic, but it also recovers well from cleat damage and divoting. And, with a darker-green color than Tifway, fine-bladed TifSport looks as good as it plays.
Cut short or tall, TifSport simply outclasses the competition, giving you tough-to-beat performance for the athletic field, golf course or landscape.
TifSport bermudagrass is a warm-season variety suited for Hardiness Zones 7A, 7B, 8A and 8B.
Attributes and Benefits
- Excellent quality at multiple mowing heights = versatile turfgrass for golf, athletic fields and landscaping.
- Exceptional turf density = excellent wear tolerance.
- Dense root system = quick recovery from traffic and drought.
- Excellent drought tolerance = reduced irrigation needs.
- Improved cold hardiness = extended growth range in northern transition zone.
- Sunlight Requirement: Needs full sun for optimal growth (8 hours).
- Mowing: Best maintained at 0.25” to 0.75” (reel mower) or 1.0” to 2.0” (rotary mower).
- Fertility: Requires 3 to 4 lbs. N/1,000 ft2/year.
- Weed Control: All herbicides labeled for use on bermudagrass can be safely applied to Buy Sod’s TifSport. Always follow label instructions.
- Insect Control: TifSport has exhibited tawny mole cricket non-preference. All insecticides labeled for use on bermudagrass can be safely applied to Buy Sod’s TifSport. Always follow label instructions.
- Golf — fairways, collars, tees and roughs.
- Sports — higher-end fields with adequate maintenance budgets.
- Landscape — commercial and residential applications with adequate maintenance budgets.
Developed by famed bermudagrass breeder Dr. Wayne Hanna at the University of Georgia, specifically as a more cold-hardy alternative to Tifway, TifSport was released in 1998.
|Fineness of Blades|
|Speed of Recovery|