Exquisitely lovely, yet resilient enough to withstand traffic from carts and cleats, Zeon masters the complex balancing act between lush beauty and prime performance. An excellent alternative to bermudagrass, Zeon provides a premium playing surface for golf course fairways and tees. However, it grows more slowly than bermudagrass, reducing mowing and edging. It also requires far less nitrogen than most bermudas, slashing fertilization expenses by up to 50%.
Simply the most beautiful grass we have ever seen, Zeon surpasses the most discriminating expectations and is truly in a class by itself. When good simply isn’t good enough, Zeon zoysiagrass gives you the “wow factor.”
Zeon zoysiagrass is a warm-season variety suited for Hardiness Zones 7B, 8A and 8B..
Attributes and Benefits
- Fine texture and bright-green color = “wow factor” for high-end sites.
- Low fertility requirement = fewer inputs and cost savings.
- Excellent shade tolerance = versatile.
- Exceptional drought tolerance = reduced irrigation needs.
- Early spring greenup and excellent fall color retention = extended aesthetics.
- Resistant to insects and diseases = reduced pesticides.
- Produces less thatch than other zoysias = less maintenance.
- Sunlight Requirement: Optimum performance with 4 to 6 hours of sun.
- Mowing: Best maintained at 0.375” to 1.0” (reel mower) or 1.0” to 2.0” (rotary mower).
- Fertility: Requires less than 2 lbs. N/1,000 ft2/year.
- Weed Control: All herbicides labeled for use on zoysiagrass can be safely applied to Buy Sod’s Zeon zoysiagrass. Always follow label instructions.
- Disease Control: Zoysiagrass can be susceptible to large patch in spring and fall. Use an appropriate fungicide preventatively on high-end applications, or treat curatively (as needed) on lower-maintenance applications. All fungicides labeled for zoysiagrass can be safely applied to Buy Sod’s Zeon zoysiagrass. Always follow label instructions.
- Insect Control: Zoysiagrass is naturally resistant to most insects. All insecticides labeled for use on zoysiagrass can be safely applied to Buy Sod’s Zeon zoysiagrass.
- Golf — fairways and tees.
- Sports — moderate-use fields, such as baseball and softball.
- Landscape — high-end residential lawns and commercial landscapes.
Developed by Bladerunner Farms in Poteet, Texas, Zeon zoysiagrass was released to licensed growers in 1996.
|Fineness of Blades|
|Speed of Recovery|